Melbourne sources stated that electricity supply and protect the power system as Victoria deals with record breaking high temperatures, high demand and reduced generation availability". The Australian Energy Market Operator said “Authorities have implemented safety measures and instructed firefighters to remain on alert due to fears that uncontrollable bush fires could break out in the state”.
Furthermore on the southern island of Tasmania, around 500 firefighters were trying to extinguish close to 50 wildfires. Temperatures reached 42 degrees Celsius in Melbourne on Friday morning. Reportedly Friday is expected to be one of the hottest days in the state since Black Saturday on February 7, 2009 when temperatures soared to 46.4 degrees Celsius, triggering hundreds of bush fires which destroyed entire towns and burnt almost half million hectares of land, killing 173 people.
Weather officials said “Temperatures are expected to drop drastically on Friday night by 20 degrees”. Moreover several parts of Australia have seen heat waves since the turn of the year, while eastern regions have also been gripped by a drought, causing widespread destruction of crops and deaths of animals.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu