Melbourne sources stated that electricity supply and protect the power system as Victoria deals with record breaking high temperatures, high demand and reduced generation availability". The Australian Energy Market Operator said “Authorities have implemented safety measures and instructed firefighters to remain on alert due to fears that uncontrollable bush fires could break out in the state”.
Furthermore on the southern island of Tasmania, around 500 firefighters were trying to extinguish close to 50 wildfires. Temperatures reached 42 degrees Celsius in Melbourne on Friday morning. Reportedly Friday is expected to be one of the hottest days in the state since Black Saturday on February 7, 2009 when temperatures soared to 46.4 degrees Celsius, triggering hundreds of bush fires which destroyed entire towns and burnt almost half million hectares of land, killing 173 people.
Weather officials said “Temperatures are expected to drop drastically on Friday night by 20 degrees”. Moreover several parts of Australia have seen heat waves since the turn of the year, while eastern regions have also been gripped by a drought, causing widespread destruction of crops and deaths of animals.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli