Reportedly even a year after Rajinikanth announced his entry into politics, the lack of clarity about his political ideology continues to provide airtime to many political pundits and analysts. Meanwhile with every move closely scrutinized, a good number of parties and politicians in the state have branded the fledgling politician a stooge of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Tamilnadu, a softer right, the BJP’s B Team to entice the disenchanted middle classes in the state.
Furthermore a closer examination of his movies that have released since December 2017, when he announced the certainty of his political entry, throws up an interesting conundrum. Reportedly in Kaala, where Rajinikanth plays the titular character, an epic scene unfolds after the villain sets fire to homes in Dharavi for refusing to part with land for a large scale infrastructure project. Further in Petta too, decidedly a fan boy tribute to the Superstar directed by Karthik Subbaraj, the set-up for the bad guys is a scene in Uttar Pradesh where hapless couples are married off for celebrating Valentine’s Day, a jibe at actual right wing Hindu nationalists who have proclaimed the revelry to be against ‘Indian cultural values’.
Presently the on screen Rajinikanth seems content to decimate saffron in style, and it's anyone's guess what that may mean when he goes beyond merely wetting his feet and finally immerses himself in politics.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!