As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the National Democratic Alliance was prioritizing the health sector to ensure healthcare is affordable. Modi made the remarks in his speech after laying the foundation of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Madurai, Tamilnadu. Meanwhile he also inaugurated super specialty blocks at medical colleges in Thanjavur and Tirunelveli.
Reportedly Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami thanked Modi for deciding to build the AIIMS, a 750 bed medical facility that will offer 100 MBBS seats, in the state. As per report he also urged the Centre to set up a medical college in Ramanathapuram district. Furthermore Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam said the AIIMS would benefit the people of backward districts in southern parts of the state. Further the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and a few other parties in the state have opposed the quota on the ground that social backwardness alone should be the yardstick for reservation.
Moreover Modi also claimed his government was taking effective steps to rid India of corruption and nepotism. He said “Any person who has cheated or looted the country shall be brought to justice,” in an apparent reference to economic offenders like Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?