As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the National Democratic Alliance was prioritizing the health sector to ensure healthcare is affordable. Modi made the remarks in his speech after laying the foundation of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Madurai, Tamilnadu. Meanwhile he also inaugurated super specialty blocks at medical colleges in Thanjavur and Tirunelveli.
Reportedly Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami thanked Modi for deciding to build the AIIMS, a 750 bed medical facility that will offer 100 MBBS seats, in the state. As per report he also urged the Centre to set up a medical college in Ramanathapuram district. Furthermore Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam said the AIIMS would benefit the people of backward districts in southern parts of the state. Further the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and a few other parties in the state have opposed the quota on the ground that social backwardness alone should be the yardstick for reservation.
Moreover Modi also claimed his government was taking effective steps to rid India of corruption and nepotism. He said “Any person who has cheated or looted the country shall be brought to justice,” in an apparent reference to economic offenders like Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram