Sources from Tamilnadu stated that the National Democratic Alliance is giving high priority to the health sector to ensure everyone is healthy and healthcare is affordable, Prime Minister Narendra Modi claimed at the foundation laying ceremony of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Thoppur on Sunday. Meanwhile the prime minister also inaugurated super-specialty blocks at medical colleges in Madurai, Thanjavur and Tirunelveli.
Mr. Modi said “We all know AIIMS in Delhi has cultivated a brand name in healthcare. With AIIMS in Madurai, this brand has been taken to all corners of the country from Kanyakumari to Kashmir, to Madurai and from Guwahati to Gujarat”. Furthermore Prathan Mantri Arogya Yojana provides financial protection of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year and covers 10 crore needy families in case of hospitalization.
Mr. Modi added “It is the largest health insurance scheme in the world that he is happy to learn that 1.57 crore persons in Tamilnadu are covered under this scheme”. Moreover the Rs 1,264 crore AIIMS coming up at Thoppur will be built in 45 months on 200 acres of land and will have 16 modular modern operation theatres, eight super specialty departments, and medical and nursing colleges.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli