The Jacto Geo strike is being observed across Tamil Nadu, and with the arrests of more than 1000 government employees who are protesting in various parts of the state, the protest has reached greater levels, especially after the arrest of Jacto Geo coordinator Das. The Jacto Geo associations had announced an indefinite strike which has been observed from January 22, demanding a 9 point charter.
Some of the key demands are removal of the new pension scheme and replacing it with old scheme which was dismissed in 2004, and settlement of the 21 months salary arrears with immediate effect and salary equivalent to Central govt employees.
Yesterday employees of chief secretariat also joined the protest today and the hearing of case against Jacto Geo scheduled at Madurai bench of Chennai high court the coordinator of Jacto Geo Dass has been arrested immediately as he reached the court. The Government is keeping a muted response so far.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?