New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi and leaders across political parties paid homage to former union minister George Fernandes, who died yesterday after a long illness on Tuesday. Reportedly PM Modi said that the former minister represented the best of India's political leadership.
PM Modi tweeted that during his long years in public life, George Sahab never deviated from his political ideology. He resisted the Emergency tooth and nail. His simplicity and humility were noteworthy. My thoughts are with his family, friends and lakhs of people grieving and may his soul rest in peace. Furthermore West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee tweeted "Very saddened at the passing away of former Defense Minister and much admired trade unionist, George Fernandes Ji. He had known him for decades and his condolences to his family and admirers".
Moreover President Ram Nath Kovind, along with several other leaders across the political spectrum, also paid tribute to George Fernandes. President tweeted Distressed to learn of the passing of Shri George Fernandes, who served India in many capacities, including as Defense Minister. He epitomized simple living and high thinking. And was a champion of democracy, during the Emergency and beyond. We will all miss him.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million