As per report Congress National President Rahul Gandhi made a heavy promise to voters during a campaign stating that if the party is voted to power, then it will implement universal basic income for the poor. He explained "We cannot build a new India while millions of our brothers & sisters suffer the scourge of poverty. If voted to power in 2019, the Congress is committed to a Minimum Income Guarantee for every poor person, to help eradicate poverty & hunger where this is our vision & our promise".
Furthermore the Minimum Income Guarantee is a rip-off of the Universal Basic Income idea which is being considered globally as economies become unstable and people are going out of jobs, forced into abject poverty. Reportedly the idea first made its way into India through Economic Survey of India in 2016-17 which was considered for Economically Weaker Sections.
Moreover the Congress is considering Rs.6000-7000 per person per annum which could come up to 5% of India's GDP. Apparently the promise definitely seems like a bright idea, its implementation and the process to roll it out still needs debate and discussion and they also need to understand its long term benefits and whether it would really push the poor out of poverty, as intended.
Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika? Upon the orders of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, the officials have started the demolition of Praja Vedika a building constructed during the tenure of former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu in Andhra Pradesh's Amaravati. The building is illegal constructed violating the Krishna River norms.
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan
- CM Jagan expressed outrage over Call Money racket shook AP
- Jagan Orders Removal of 70000 Belt Shops
- First Official Meeting of Both the Telugu CMs is Confirmed
- Is actress Shobitha Dhulipala making her entry in Bigg Boss Telugu season 3?
- Jagan Takes A Sensational Decision To Halt Bauxite Mining
- AP CM Jagan feels Education should be service oriented & not profit making business
- KTR & KCR made a visit to Kaleshwaram project