As per report Congress National President Rahul Gandhi made a heavy promise to voters during a campaign stating that if the party is voted to power, then it will implement universal basic income for the poor. He explained "We cannot build a new India while millions of our brothers & sisters suffer the scourge of poverty. If voted to power in 2019, the Congress is committed to a Minimum Income Guarantee for every poor person, to help eradicate poverty & hunger where this is our vision & our promise".
Furthermore the Minimum Income Guarantee is a rip-off of the Universal Basic Income idea which is being considered globally as economies become unstable and people are going out of jobs, forced into abject poverty. Reportedly the idea first made its way into India through Economic Survey of India in 2016-17 which was considered for Economically Weaker Sections.
Moreover the Congress is considering Rs.6000-7000 per person per annum which could come up to 5% of India's GDP. Apparently the promise definitely seems like a bright idea, its implementation and the process to roll it out still needs debate and discussion and they also need to understand its long term benefits and whether it would really push the poor out of poverty, as intended.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu