According to sources a study has found that even if air pollution is reduced by 30% by 2024 as set by National Clean Air Program (NCAP), seven cities including Bengaluru will still continue to breathe polluted air above the NAAQS even in 2024. Meanwhile other than Bengaluru, the other Karnataka cities that breathe air worse than NAAQ are Bidar, Tumakuru, Belgaum, Bijapur, Raichur, Devanagere, Hubbali, Mangaluru, Karwar and Kolar.
Reportedly the findings were released by Greenpeace India as part its Airpocalypse III report on Tuesday, which identified 139 cities across India where air pollution levels exceed national standards but these were not included in the NCAP. Furthermore in fact, only 12 of the 43 Smart Cities planned by the government comply with the NAAQ standards and this omission is due to the fact that the list of non-attainment cities in the NCAP was drawn together using data from the years 2011-2015.
Moreover Dahiya added “We are calling on the MoEF&CC to update the list with 2017 data to reduce air pollution in as many highly polluted cities as possible, to make this as ‘national’ a programme as possible and help us move towards a Clean Air Nation”.
Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year According to sources in the last 24 hours, 27 districts, 142 taluks and 549 hoblis received excess rainfall, as per data compiled by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC). Meanwhile at least two deaths were reported due to the excess rainfall in Koppal district.
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"