According to sources a study has found that even if air pollution is reduced by 30% by 2024 as set by National Clean Air Program (NCAP), seven cities including Bengaluru will still continue to breathe polluted air above the NAAQS even in 2024. Meanwhile other than Bengaluru, the other Karnataka cities that breathe air worse than NAAQ are Bidar, Tumakuru, Belgaum, Bijapur, Raichur, Devanagere, Hubbali, Mangaluru, Karwar and Kolar.
Reportedly the findings were released by Greenpeace India as part its Airpocalypse III report on Tuesday, which identified 139 cities across India where air pollution levels exceed national standards but these were not included in the NCAP. Furthermore in fact, only 12 of the 43 Smart Cities planned by the government comply with the NAAQ standards and this omission is due to the fact that the list of non-attainment cities in the NCAP was drawn together using data from the years 2011-2015.
Moreover Dahiya added “We are calling on the MoEF&CC to update the list with 2017 data to reduce air pollution in as many highly polluted cities as possible, to make this as ‘national’ a programme as possible and help us move towards a Clean Air Nation”.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!