Chennai sources stated that the Income Tax department on Tuesday raided 74 places in Chennai and Coimbatore in connection with the popular retail chain Saravana Stores, Perambur based Revathy Group and realty companies G Square and Lotus group. Meanwhile the 800 strong team visited offices and houses related to the business groups and went through books of accounts and other documents, looking for any illegal or benami deals.
A sources in IT department said "The main focus of the raid at Saravana Stores are the books of the stores itself, specifically the textile business. Meanwhile the residence of Yogarathinam Pondurai, son of founder of Saravana stores, is also being searched. He reportedly has interests in realty and other businesses and the primary focus is the realty interests of all these stores".
Moreover IT officials are also searching properties associated to the Lotus Group, which is into realty business. Revathy group, based in Perambur, has interests in jewellery, furniture shop, textiles and supermarkets and the raids there are still underway. Furthermore it may be noted that earlier this month, popular eateries like Saravana Bhavan, Grand Sweets and Snacks, were raided after claims of tax evasions surfaced and the homes and offices of directors of the food chains were raided by a team of over 100 I-T sleuths.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram