Chennai sources stated that the Income Tax department on Tuesday raided 74 places in Chennai and Coimbatore in connection with the popular retail chain Saravana Stores, Perambur based Revathy Group and realty companies G Square and Lotus group. Meanwhile the 800 strong team visited offices and houses related to the business groups and went through books of accounts and other documents, looking for any illegal or benami deals.
A sources in IT department said "The main focus of the raid at Saravana Stores are the books of the stores itself, specifically the textile business. Meanwhile the residence of Yogarathinam Pondurai, son of founder of Saravana stores, is also being searched. He reportedly has interests in realty and other businesses and the primary focus is the realty interests of all these stores".
Moreover IT officials are also searching properties associated to the Lotus Group, which is into realty business. Revathy group, based in Perambur, has interests in jewellery, furniture shop, textiles and supermarkets and the raids there are still underway. Furthermore it may be noted that earlier this month, popular eateries like Saravana Bhavan, Grand Sweets and Snacks, were raided after claims of tax evasions surfaced and the homes and offices of directors of the food chains were raided by a team of over 100 I-T sleuths.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?