Accordingly an Air India flight AI-541 from Tirupati to New Delhi via Hyderabad suffered damages after “foreign objects” from the runway hit the underside and wings of the flight during take-off. While the underside just suffered scratches, the wings suffered heavy damage. However, the flight safely landed in Hyderabad and there were no casualties and the incident took place on Tuesday.
Furthermore in Hyderabad the officials noticed the damage and alerted their counterparts in Tirupati following which the officials issued NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) which is a written notification issued to pilots before the flight takes off, concerning the hazards both in air and ground. Further following the alert from Hyderabad, authorities closed down the runway at Tirupati airport temporarily for three hours for maintenance, and all the flights to and from Tirupati were delayed.
Moreover spokesperson from Tirupati Airport said, "An investigation has been initiated into the incident." He also said that at the end of runway the concrete were loose, which could have hit the flight and according to him, the thrusts from the flights caused the damages to runway. The flight had reached Tirupati at 1.20 pm and took off to Hyderabad around 2.40 pm due to bad weather conditions and it was a four engine flight with a passenger capacity of 300. Hence due to the incident, at least seven flights, both incoming and outgoing had to be delayed. From Hyderabad three flights were delayed.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu