Accordingly an Air India flight AI-541 from Tirupati to New Delhi via Hyderabad suffered damages after “foreign objects” from the runway hit the underside and wings of the flight during take-off. While the underside just suffered scratches, the wings suffered heavy damage. However, the flight safely landed in Hyderabad and there were no casualties and the incident took place on Tuesday.
Furthermore in Hyderabad the officials noticed the damage and alerted their counterparts in Tirupati following which the officials issued NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) which is a written notification issued to pilots before the flight takes off, concerning the hazards both in air and ground. Further following the alert from Hyderabad, authorities closed down the runway at Tirupati airport temporarily for three hours for maintenance, and all the flights to and from Tirupati were delayed.
Moreover spokesperson from Tirupati Airport said, "An investigation has been initiated into the incident." He also said that at the end of runway the concrete were loose, which could have hit the flight and according to him, the thrusts from the flights caused the damages to runway. The flight had reached Tirupati at 1.20 pm and took off to Hyderabad around 2.40 pm due to bad weather conditions and it was a four engine flight with a passenger capacity of 300. Hence due to the incident, at least seven flights, both incoming and outgoing had to be delayed. From Hyderabad three flights were delayed.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP