Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu's expectations are high on the BJP led government at the Centre, which will present the interim Budget for the fiscal year 2019-20 on Feb.1. Meanwhile this will be the last budget before the Lok Sabha poll due between April and May this year. Accordingly Tamilnadu hopes to see more announcements for railways and numerous projects including the port development project under the BJP government's ambitious Sagarmala program, which had not taken off in the State on expected lines.
Furthermore the Union Budget will be a wholesome one and it will address the concerns of diverse sections in the country and it will be a full one," Union minister of state for finance and shipping Pon Radhakrishnan has asserted on Wednesday. Reportedly sources in the BJP indicate that several key announcements would figure in the budget, as the BJP is keen on helping the lotus to bloom in Tamilnadu, this time at least.
BJP senior M. Chakravarthy said “Our party would soon unveil plans for alliance in the State and chalk out a strategy to win good number of Lok Sabha seats this time”. Moreover on Jan.21, both the Minister of State for Finance Shiv Partap Shukla and Pon Radhakrishnan jointly observed the 'Halwa Ceremony' to mark the beginning of printing of documents, officially relation to 2019 interim budget.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu