New Delhi sources reported that after presenting a virtual report card of the Modi government's tenure, President Ram Nath Kovind on Thursday highlighted its various development works and commitment to social justice, as he asserted it has worked to build a "New India" after assuming power in 2014 when the nation was passing through "uncertain times".
Meanwhile the President's address, which reflects the government's view, assumes significance as it comes ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, expected to be held in April-May. Accordingly the 10% reservation for the general category poor, the triple talaq legislation and the controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill also figured in his over an hour long speech at Parliament's central hall in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi, Union ministers and other MPs.
Moreover citing other achievements of the government, Kovind said the number of people filing Income Tax returns have doubled from 3.8 crore to 6.8 crore under its tenure and added that over 73 per cent of around 15 crore Mudra loan beneficiaries are women. Reportedly approvals for works costing over Rs 66,000 crore out of Rs 80,000 crore package have been given by the government for development in Jammu and Kashmir, asserting that the government to committed to the state's growth.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!