New Delhi sources reported that after presenting a virtual report card of the Modi government's tenure, President Ram Nath Kovind on Thursday highlighted its various development works and commitment to social justice, as he asserted it has worked to build a "New India" after assuming power in 2014 when the nation was passing through "uncertain times".
Meanwhile the President's address, which reflects the government's view, assumes significance as it comes ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, expected to be held in April-May. Accordingly the 10% reservation for the general category poor, the triple talaq legislation and the controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill also figured in his over an hour long speech at Parliament's central hall in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi, Union ministers and other MPs.
Moreover citing other achievements of the government, Kovind said the number of people filing Income Tax returns have doubled from 3.8 crore to 6.8 crore under its tenure and added that over 73 per cent of around 15 crore Mudra loan beneficiaries are women. Reportedly approvals for works costing over Rs 66,000 crore out of Rs 80,000 crore package have been given by the government for development in Jammu and Kashmir, asserting that the government to committed to the state's growth.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra