Accordingly a Special CBI Court in Chennai framed charges against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran and his brother, founder of Sun TV Network Kalanithi Maran, in the alleged illegal telephone exchange case. Recently Judge R Vasanthi also framed charges against five others former BSNL General Manager K Brahmanandam, former Deputy General Manager MP Velusamy, Dayanidhi Maran’s Private Secretary Gauthaman, Sun TV employees Kannan and Ravi in the case on Wednesday.
Meanwhile all accused were charged under IPC sections 120B (criminal conspiracy), 409 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating), and the Prevention of Corruption Act. Furthermore denying the charges, Dayanidhi Maran called the case “politically motivated”, stating there was no evidence to prove that the connections were given illegally and in violation of law. Reportedly with no bills raised during this period, the CBI said that alleged illegal telephone exchange cost the government a loss of Rs 1.78 crore.
Moreover it was in March 2018 that a Special CBI court in Chennai discharged all the accused citing lack of material to frame charges against them. Apparently in July last year, the Madras High Court set aside the order, observing there was enough material against the accused to go ahead with the case and it was then sent back to the Special CBI court, while the Marans then moved the Supreme Court challenging the High Court’s order, the apex court ordered the accused to face trial in the case.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu