Accordingly a Special CBI Court in Chennai framed charges against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran and his brother, founder of Sun TV Network Kalanithi Maran, in the alleged illegal telephone exchange case. Recently Judge R Vasanthi also framed charges against five others former BSNL General Manager K Brahmanandam, former Deputy General Manager MP Velusamy, Dayanidhi Maran’s Private Secretary Gauthaman, Sun TV employees Kannan and Ravi in the case on Wednesday.
Meanwhile all accused were charged under IPC sections 120B (criminal conspiracy), 409 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating), and the Prevention of Corruption Act. Furthermore denying the charges, Dayanidhi Maran called the case “politically motivated”, stating there was no evidence to prove that the connections were given illegally and in violation of law. Reportedly with no bills raised during this period, the CBI said that alleged illegal telephone exchange cost the government a loss of Rs 1.78 crore.
Moreover it was in March 2018 that a Special CBI court in Chennai discharged all the accused citing lack of material to frame charges against them. Apparently in July last year, the Madras High Court set aside the order, observing there was enough material against the accused to go ahead with the case and it was then sent back to the Special CBI court, while the Marans then moved the Supreme Court challenging the High Court’s order, the apex court ordered the accused to face trial in the case.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli