Former CBI director Alok Verma who was removed from the CBI after the recommendation by the committee headed by Indian prime Minister Narendra Modi,later resigned without accepting his newly offered role of Fire services chief, but still the Internal affairs ministry is making him to work for a day.
Following the conflict over a case and accusation over bribery issues, both Alok Verma and Rakesh Asthana were given leaves and later were removed from CBI.As Alok was on an extension period in CBI for 2 years though he actually was to retire in July 2017 itself, he said he is retiring and hence cannot hold the fire services chief position, quoting January 11 as his retirement date.
Despite this, the union internal affairs ministry has ordered Alok Verma to retire after joining fire services, and retire after a single working day. Moreover prime minister and Justice A K Sikri, the nominee of Chief Justice of India, had favored removal of Verma while the third member of the committee leader of Congress in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge had opposed the move.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP