Piyush Goyal says our govt had the power to ask RBI to review the NPA situation of banks and stop the culture of phone banking. He said previously there was pressure on only small businessmen to repay loans but now even defaulting managements of big companies are under pressure to repay loans in time and they have noticed that Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and Oriental Bank have come out of the PCA framework and our efforts to clean up the banking system will help others too very soon.
Goyal said “They have recovered Rs 3 lakh crore so far from the banking system clean up, Goyal points out as he moves to the initiatives in the real estate sector”. Furthermore RERA 2016 and Benami Transaction Prohibition Act are helping to bring transparency in real estate. For the financial year 2019-2020 MGNREGA allocation has been set at Rs 60,000 crore. Further Pradhan Mantra Gram Sadak Yojana allocation is set at Rs 19,000 crore, he said, adding, kids will no longer have to walk from home to school and they will now have a bus service there.
He added “The government is committed to providing electricity to every house, where LED will help save Rs 50,000 crore in electricity bills in the next few years”. Moreover farmers with less than 2 hectare land will be given Rs 6,000 per year as direct transfer and farmers owning upto 2 hectares to get Rs 6,000 per year.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu