Finance Minister Goyal said electric vehicles a key part of govt's vision for 2030. Meanwhile the expenditure target for FY20 is at Rs 27.84 lakh crore and FY20 fiscal deficit target is at 3.4%. He thanked taxpayers for their contribution toward the well being of the society and providing basic amenities to the poor. He said "The tax you pay will provide healthcare to 50 crore brothers, sisters and children”.
Nextly Individual tax payers with taxable annual income up to Rs 5 lakh will get full tax rebate. Furthermore Govt announces tax exemption for income up to Rs 5 lakh per year. He added the salary earners, pensioners and senior citizens should not wait to get clarity on their taxes.
Moreover monthly consumption of mobile data is up by over 50 times in 5 years. To boost consumer spending Income up to Rs 5,00,000 to be exempt from income tax. Furthermore all interest income above Rs 40,000 from bank deposits will now get taxed and not Rs 10,000 and the standard deduction are raised from Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000. Reportedly no tax on notional rent on second self-occupied house and no TDS on house rent up to Rs 2.4 lakh. He added “This is not just a budget but lays out the path to progress of the country”.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu