Finance Minister Piyush Goyal says “TDS limit hiked from Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 on Post-Office savings”. He said solar power generation has increased by 10 times in last 5 years. Meanwhile 75% of the beneficiaries under PM Mudra Yojana are women. He said “So those with income up to Rs 5 lakh and another Rs 1.5 lakh in investments totaling Rs 6.5 lakh will have to pay no tax and it will benefit nearly Rs 3 crore middle class income earners”.
Apparently TDS limit
hiked from Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 on Post Office savings. Furthermore Goyal
also said standard deduction would be raised from Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000. Earlier
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had
in Budget 2018 introduced a standard deduction of Rs. 40,000 for the salaried
class. Presently this additional deduction was proposed in lieu of
existing deductions of Rs 15,000 for medical reimbursement and Rs 19,200 for
He added “Within nearly two years, almost all assessment and verification of IT returns will be done electronically by an anonymized tax system without any intervention by officials. Almost all income tax returns to be processed within 24 hours and refunds to be issued simultaneously”. Moreover he said direct tax collections were up from Rs 6.38 lakh crore in 2013-14 to almost Rs 12 lakh crore and the tax base was also up from Rs 3.79 crore to Rs 6.85 crore.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu