According to sources Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday announced that there will be single window clearances for Indian filmmakers for smooth shooting of films. Meanwhile presenting the Interim Budget for 2019-20 in the Lok Sabha, he said "Entertainment industry is a major employment generator. To promote the entertainment industry, there will be single window clearance to ease shooting of films. "
Goyal said this was earlier available only to foreigners (and) is now going to be made available to Indian filmmakers as well. Furthermore Goyal also said that the government will include anti-camcording provisions in the Cinematography Act to control piracy. Further experts said that if implemented well this could provide a major boost for the film industry as it will reduce costs and encourage Indian film makers to shoot in India instead of opting for foreign locales.
Reportedly Jehil Thakkar, Head Media & Entertainment and Partner at Deloitte India said that it was a significant move. It can take as much as much as 3-4 months to get all the clearances to shoot films and this escalates production budgets and if implemented well, this will help in increasing the speed to market for films as well as reduce the working capital for film makers.” Earlier the finance ministry had earlier reduced GST on movie tickets below Rs 100 from 18% to 12% and above Rs 100 from 28% to 18%.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu