According to sources Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday announced that there will be single window clearances for Indian filmmakers for smooth shooting of films. Meanwhile presenting the Interim Budget for 2019-20 in the Lok Sabha, he said "Entertainment industry is a major employment generator. To promote the entertainment industry, there will be single window clearance to ease shooting of films. "
Goyal said this was earlier available only to foreigners (and) is now going to be made available to Indian filmmakers as well. Furthermore Goyal also said that the government will include anti-camcording provisions in the Cinematography Act to control piracy. Further experts said that if implemented well this could provide a major boost for the film industry as it will reduce costs and encourage Indian film makers to shoot in India instead of opting for foreign locales.
Reportedly Jehil Thakkar, Head Media & Entertainment and Partner at Deloitte India said that it was a significant move. It can take as much as much as 3-4 months to get all the clearances to shoot films and this escalates production budgets and if implemented well, this will help in increasing the speed to market for films as well as reduce the working capital for film makers.” Earlier the finance ministry had earlier reduced GST on movie tickets below Rs 100 from 18% to 12% and above Rs 100 from 28% to 18%.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP