Accordingly restaurants and members of the public in Hyderabad can now leave excess food at refrigerators set up by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) at Shilparamam. Meanwhile the fridges will be accessible to anyone who wishes to have a free meal during any time of the day. Reportedly the initiative by the GHMC named ‘Feed the Need’ was launched in association with the NGO Apple Home.
Furthermore the NGO which has set up one refrigerator will set up 9 more refrigerators in February and aims to set up 100 of these free food fridges over the course of the year. Meanwhile apart from Shilparamam, refrigerators will be set up at Niloufer hospital, Basavaratha hospital, ESIC hospital and Chanda Nagar metro station to begin with and hence the food quality and hygiene will be maintained by Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) hired by the NGO.
Moreover residents living nearby can also donate excess food from their homes. Recently GHMC has reached out to a few nearby restaurants who have all agreed to stock the fridge with their excess food. Nilima, founder of Apple Homes the NGO Even though the GHMC was initially not too keen about setting up these free food refrigerators, the corporation warm up to the idea in sometime.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP