As per report when speaking to reporters, Navin, a consumer, says that the new order is effective for people who would wish to watch a particular profile of channels. He opines “He mostly watch only sports channels, so the new order would help him in selecting 3-4 sports channels on an a-la-carte basis and pay only for those channels. So, he will end up paying much lesser than what he is paying now for many channels I do not even watch”.
Furthermore families where multiple profiles of channels are watched depending on the interests of different family members, consumers say that channels should be wisely chosen, only then will the NTO remain beneficial. When speaking to reporters, Muni Shekhar, regional head of TRAI, Hyderabad, says that all cable operators and DTH providers around the country have been given instructions to display the terms under the NTO so that consumers are aware of how to use the new tariff system to their benefit.
The officer added “The NTO has been scrutinized by the central authorities and court and only then has it been approved without any loopholes, wherein the customers are not going to incur losses and rather the a-la-carte system would only help them in saving expenses”. Moreover TRAI order, which was pitched under the affordability aspect, does not meet its objective as customers have to pay almost the same or more compared to the current pricing, that too, for a much lesser number of channels.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP