As per report when speaking to reporters, Navin, a consumer, says that the new order is effective for people who would wish to watch a particular profile of channels. He opines “He mostly watch only sports channels, so the new order would help him in selecting 3-4 sports channels on an a-la-carte basis and pay only for those channels. So, he will end up paying much lesser than what he is paying now for many channels I do not even watch”.
Furthermore families where multiple profiles of channels are watched depending on the interests of different family members, consumers say that channels should be wisely chosen, only then will the NTO remain beneficial. When speaking to reporters, Muni Shekhar, regional head of TRAI, Hyderabad, says that all cable operators and DTH providers around the country have been given instructions to display the terms under the NTO so that consumers are aware of how to use the new tariff system to their benefit.
The officer added “The NTO has been scrutinized by the central authorities and court and only then has it been approved without any loopholes, wherein the customers are not going to incur losses and rather the a-la-carte system would only help them in saving expenses”. Moreover TRAI order, which was pitched under the affordability aspect, does not meet its objective as customers have to pay almost the same or more compared to the current pricing, that too, for a much lesser number of channels.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?