As per report it was stated that three antique and valuable golden crowns weighing over 1.3 kgs have been found missing at Sri Govindaraja Swamy temple in Tirupathi on Saturday evening. Meanwhile the diamond studded crowns are used to decorate the deities Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy, Sridevi and Bhoodevi during the festival processions.
Furthermore at 5 pm on Saturday, priests at one of the 18 sub-temples in Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple found the crowns missing. Reportedly the temple was closed for devotees at 5 pm to perform rituals and was reopened within 45 minutes and it was then the priests found that the crowns were missing. Meanwhile an inquiry has been called immediately and the TTD vigilance officials are verifying the CCTV footage and are questioning the temple staff.
Moreover the temple's history dates back to the 12th century. As per reports, TTD joint executive officer Pola Bhaskar has sought a report from the Assistant Chief Vigilance and Security Officer on the missing crowns and the TTD vigilance officials are verifying the CCTV footage in the temple. Accordingly the temple is one of the earliest structures in Tirupati and also one of the biggest temple complexes in Chittoor district and the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, referred to as Govindaraja Swamy.
Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case Reportedly in the sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case that is unfolding in Kerala, investigating authorities have said that they have made a few crucial findings over the past few days. Meanwhile Kozhikode rural Superintendent of Police KG Simon confirmed that 47 year old Jolly had read extensively about cyanide and how it is used before allegedly poisoning the six members of her family.
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli
- Indo-US joint military training in Seattle from 13 Oct