Accordingly the Government order lists plastic sheets used for food wrapping, spreading on dining tables, plastic plates, plastic coated tea cups and plastic tumblers, water pouches and packets, plastic straw, plastic carry bag and plastic flags irrespective of thickness as banned items. Meanwhile the order banned all single use plastics (irrespective of micron size), later the Government exempted certain items from the banned list.
Reportedly Plastic bags manufactured for exports, plastic bags which constitute or form an integral part of packaging in which goods are sealed prior to use at manufacturing/processing units, plastic bags and sheets used in forestry and horticulture nurseries, milk and milk products, oil, medicine and medical equipment, carry bags made from compostable plastics bearing the labeled “Compostable” and conforming to the Indian Standard IS or ISO 17088:2008 can be used.
Moreover high end cafes, restaurants and hotels have switched to alternatives like cloth bags, aluminium foil sheets, and plat fiber boxes, it is quite evident that small hotels and roadside joints are grappling to find similar alternatives while maintaining affordable costs. Apparently some blame the government for the confusion, an official from Tamilnadu’s Pollution Control Board notes that the government is constantly involved in creating awareness regarding the ban.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli