Accordingly the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has published a list of works taken up and property tax collected in every ward on its website. Meanwhile the move has been welcomed by activists for improving transparency and empowering ward committees in the city. Srinivas Alavilli, a member of Citizens for Bengaluru (CfB) said "This is transparency that we dreamed of and we believed will help empower ward committees. At the round table the Commissioner said it will be done and he did it today".
Earlier the group had earlier in November 2018 asked for a list of works taken up by the BBMP along with property tax collected in each of the 198 wards in Bengaluru since ward committee meetings in the city were being held without this information made public. Furthermore the request was made in a round table meeting with the BBMP Commissioner Manjunath Prasad.
Moreover the BBMP has also notified details of works taken up on major roads and other government projects. V Ravichandar, former member, BBMP Restructuring Committee said “The ward wise works data could be improved by adding details of works completed, pending and deadlines set. BBMP can also expose the GIS mapping of properties and color code those who have paid the tax and those who have not. This will further empower ward committees to ensure better tax collection in their respective wards”.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu