Accordingly the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has published a list of works taken up and property tax collected in every ward on its website. Meanwhile the move has been welcomed by activists for improving transparency and empowering ward committees in the city. Srinivas Alavilli, a member of Citizens for Bengaluru (CfB) said "This is transparency that we dreamed of and we believed will help empower ward committees. At the round table the Commissioner said it will be done and he did it today".
Earlier the group had earlier in November 2018 asked for a list of works taken up by the BBMP along with property tax collected in each of the 198 wards in Bengaluru since ward committee meetings in the city were being held without this information made public. Furthermore the request was made in a round table meeting with the BBMP Commissioner Manjunath Prasad.
Moreover the BBMP has also notified details of works taken up on major roads and other government projects. V Ravichandar, former member, BBMP Restructuring Committee said “The ward wise works data could be improved by adding details of works completed, pending and deadlines set. BBMP can also expose the GIS mapping of properties and color code those who have paid the tax and those who have not. This will further empower ward committees to ensure better tax collection in their respective wards”.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP