Accordingly months ahead of the Lok Sabha election, the All India Congress Committee on Saturday appointed former Cuddalore Lok Sabha MP KS Alagiri as its Tamilnadu President. Reportedly Alagiri has replaced S Thirunavukkarasar, who was appointed to the post in September 2016 and in addition to this, four working Presidents have also been appointed.
Meanwhile in a statement, KC Venugopal, the AICC general secretary, who announced the appointment of Alagiri and others stated, “Honorable Congress President has approved the proposal for appointment of President and four Working Presidents of Tamil Nadu PCC. The party appreciates contribution of outgoing TNCC president S Thirunavukkarasar.” Furthermore Alagiri emphasized that his appointment did not reflect a lack of trust in the outgoing TNCC chief.
He said “With LS polls a few months away, AICC president Rahul Gandhi has changed the PCC chiefs in several states and Tamilnadu is among them”. Moreover Alagiri represented the Cuddalore constituency in the 14th General election, and has also been MLA for two terms and had graduated from Annamalai University and belongs to Cuddalore district in north Tamilnadu. DMK sources stated "There are a lot of internal problems with the party and several factions were against him. We know very little about Alagiri, just that he was earlier in the P Chidambaram camp”.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram