Sources from Chennai stated that More than 7.8 lakh died due to cancer in 2018 and every year over 11 lakh people are newly registered for cancer as per the records under National Cancer Registry Program. Meanwhile despite being a curable disease, late detection and lack of affordability of treatment procedures makes it a major challenge in health care.
Furthermore on World Cancer Day, medicos discuss how early detection and proper management can significantly reduce the death rates from cancer. Recently estimates suggest that more than 22.5 lakh people are living with cancer, while the risk of developing cancer before the age of 75 years is more than 9%. Further when identified early, cancer is more likely to respond to effective treatment and can result in a greater probability of surviving.
Dr S Rajasundaram, director, oncology, Gleneagles Global Health City said “Most of the common cancer types, such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, oral cancer, and colorectal cancer have high cure rates when detected early and treated according to best practices. Moreover even when cancerous cells have travelled to other areas of the body, such as testicular seminoma and leukaemias and lymphomas in children, can have high cure rates if appropriate treatment is provided at an early stage”.
Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year According to sources in the last 24 hours, 27 districts, 142 taluks and 549 hoblis received excess rainfall, as per data compiled by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC). Meanwhile at least two deaths were reported due to the excess rainfall in Koppal district.
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"