Accordingly DMK Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi on Monday extended her support to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's sit-in protest over the CBI's attempt to question the Kolkata Police chief in connection with a ponzi scheme scam. Meanwhile in a tweet, Kanimozhi said "Anyone who cares for Democracy, Federalism and Constitution must stand with Ms MamataOfficial."
Furthermore Banerjee started her protest on Sunday night in Kolkata's Dharamtala area after Central Bureau of Investigation officers showed up near the residence of Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar. Apparently the Trinamool Congress supreme has accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party chief Amit Shah of attempting a coup to destabilize her state, saying there is a "constitutional break-down".
Earlier on Sunday night, DMK President Stalin also extended his support to Banerjee. Hence amidst all this, the newly appointed CBI chief Rishi Kumar Shukla took charge of the probe agency on Monday. Moreover a 1983 batch IPS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, he was appointed as the 28th Director General of Police (DGP) of Madhya Pradesh on June 30, 2016, and replaces Alok Verma, who was removed unceremoniously on January 10.
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal