Accordingly DMK Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi on Monday extended her support to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's sit-in protest over the CBI's attempt to question the Kolkata Police chief in connection with a ponzi scheme scam. Meanwhile in a tweet, Kanimozhi said "Anyone who cares for Democracy, Federalism and Constitution must stand with Ms MamataOfficial."
Furthermore Banerjee started her protest on Sunday night in Kolkata's Dharamtala area after Central Bureau of Investigation officers showed up near the residence of Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar. Apparently the Trinamool Congress supreme has accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party chief Amit Shah of attempting a coup to destabilize her state, saying there is a "constitutional break-down".
Earlier on Sunday night, DMK President Stalin also extended his support to Banerjee. Hence amidst all this, the newly appointed CBI chief Rishi Kumar Shukla took charge of the probe agency on Monday. Moreover a 1983 batch IPS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, he was appointed as the 28th Director General of Police (DGP) of Madhya Pradesh on June 30, 2016, and replaces Alok Verma, who was removed unceremoniously on January 10.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights