Recently in a video that has emerged from Madurai district, Tamilnadu, three police officials are seen demanding a bribe of Rs 200 from a lorry driver. Reportedly the police have since been transferred to the Armed Reserve unit of the police department. As per report, the two special Sub -Inspectors and a Constable of the Madurai city police were on highway patrol duty when they apprehended a lorry, which was returning from Villupuram district.
Reportedly the video shot by the truck cleaner with the phone in his shirt pocket, shows the police demanding Rs 200 even as the truck cleaner makes an offer to pay Rs 100. Apparently the man is also heard saying that the lorry had a ruptured tyre, which is why it had stopped on the highway. Meanwhile the visibly angry police retort, "Trucks carrying sand pay Rs 500! If not then park your lorry to the side.”
Reports added that all three police officers involved in the incident were served memos after the police department verified the authenticity of the video. Furthermore the Tamilnadu police were under fire for its high-handedness when a traffic police officer was caught on camera, ramming his lathi into the rear side of a moving bike, injuring the rider. Earlier the incident, which reportedly took place when the police were conducting a check across the town to apprehend those travelling without helmets, caused uproar among locals in the area and the members of the public in the area condemned the police brutality and held a road roko, minutes after the incident.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights