Recently in a video that has emerged from Madurai district, Tamilnadu, three police officials are seen demanding a bribe of Rs 200 from a lorry driver. Reportedly the police have since been transferred to the Armed Reserve unit of the police department. As per report, the two special Sub -Inspectors and a Constable of the Madurai city police were on highway patrol duty when they apprehended a lorry, which was returning from Villupuram district.
Reportedly the video shot by the truck cleaner with the phone in his shirt pocket, shows the police demanding Rs 200 even as the truck cleaner makes an offer to pay Rs 100. Apparently the man is also heard saying that the lorry had a ruptured tyre, which is why it had stopped on the highway. Meanwhile the visibly angry police retort, "Trucks carrying sand pay Rs 500! If not then park your lorry to the side.”
Reports added that all three police officers involved in the incident were served memos after the police department verified the authenticity of the video. Furthermore the Tamilnadu police were under fire for its high-handedness when a traffic police officer was caught on camera, ramming his lathi into the rear side of a moving bike, injuring the rider. Earlier the incident, which reportedly took place when the police were conducting a check across the town to apprehend those travelling without helmets, caused uproar among locals in the area and the members of the public in the area condemned the police brutality and held a road roko, minutes after the incident.
India receives support from Israel! Israel has lent a supporting shoulder to India to destroy terrorism, without any conditions. Last week there was a major attack in Pulwama killing more than 40 CRPF soldiers and following that there was retaliation act two days back when Indian army soldiers shot dead the mastermind of Pulwama attack and three soldiers also lost their lives.
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures