Chennai sources stated that Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami released the Tamilnadu Solar Energy policy 2019 document which aims to generate 9,000 MW for the State by 2022. Meanwhile the first copy of the document was received by Minister for Electricity, Prohibition and Excise P. Thangamani. As per the new policy, Vision Tamilnadu 2023 document includes a solar energy target of 5,000 MW.
Meanwhile following the experience gained from implementation of Tamilnadu solar energy policy 2012, the Tamilnadu Solar Energy Policy 2019 was created and it provides an inclusive policy framework promoting both utility and consumer category solar energy generation through various enabling mechanisms. Furthermore by achieving the target, Tamilnadu would be an international climate leader for emerging economies by 2023.
According to the energy department policy note, the installed capacity of solar energy as on March 31, 2018 was 2,034.25 MW. Earlier Mr. Palaniswami had in June 2018 announced that a similar policy released in 2012 would be upgraded by combining the Vision 2023 document released by late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha and also the target set by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of 9,000 MW installed capacity.
India receives support from Israel! Israel has lent a supporting shoulder to India to destroy terrorism, without any conditions. Last week there was a major attack in Pulwama killing more than 40 CRPF soldiers and following that there was retaliation act two days back when Indian army soldiers shot dead the mastermind of Pulwama attack and three soldiers also lost their lives.
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures