Chennai sources stated that Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami released the Tamilnadu Solar Energy policy 2019 document which aims to generate 9,000 MW for the State by 2022. Meanwhile the first copy of the document was received by Minister for Electricity, Prohibition and Excise P. Thangamani. As per the new policy, Vision Tamilnadu 2023 document includes a solar energy target of 5,000 MW.
Meanwhile following the experience gained from implementation of Tamilnadu solar energy policy 2012, the Tamilnadu Solar Energy Policy 2019 was created and it provides an inclusive policy framework promoting both utility and consumer category solar energy generation through various enabling mechanisms. Furthermore by achieving the target, Tamilnadu would be an international climate leader for emerging economies by 2023.
According to the energy department policy note, the installed capacity of solar energy as on March 31, 2018 was 2,034.25 MW. Earlier Mr. Palaniswami had in June 2018 announced that a similar policy released in 2012 would be upgraded by combining the Vision 2023 document released by late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha and also the target set by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of 9,000 MW installed capacity.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights