Sources from Kolkata stated that continuing with her 'Save the Constitution' dharna here against the BJP led central government, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her government will not accept any money from the Centre as part of any scheme. Meanwhile when addressing the public at her overnight dharna site at Kolkata's Metro Channel station, the Trinamool Congress chief said, "We have taken a decision we won't take any money from the Centre regarding any of the Yojanas."
Furthermore Modi government has taken away the rights of farmers. Over 12,000 farmers have committed suicide. Accordingly farmers' lands have been snatched away. Back in 2006, She had sat on a dharna for 27 days to return their lands. Mamata said “Many farmer families are left with nothing. We are the only government which doesn't allow farmers' rights to be snatched away”. Furthermore under the Bengal Fasal Bima Yojana, 80% of the premium is given by the state government and they are also paying them in cheques to ensure no one dupes them”.
Earlier Banerjee’s dharna site is the same venue where she held a 26 day hunger strike in 2006 demanding return of farmland to peasants at Singur, where the Tata Motors' Nano car plant was to come up. Moreover the Singur movement catapulted her to power in 2011 defeating the Left Front government.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights