Sources from Kolkata stated that continuing with her 'Save the Constitution' dharna here against the BJP led central government, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her government will not accept any money from the Centre as part of any scheme. Meanwhile when addressing the public at her overnight dharna site at Kolkata's Metro Channel station, the Trinamool Congress chief said, "We have taken a decision we won't take any money from the Centre regarding any of the Yojanas."
Furthermore Modi government has taken away the rights of farmers. Over 12,000 farmers have committed suicide. Accordingly farmers' lands have been snatched away. Back in 2006, She had sat on a dharna for 27 days to return their lands. Mamata said “Many farmer families are left with nothing. We are the only government which doesn't allow farmers' rights to be snatched away”. Furthermore under the Bengal Fasal Bima Yojana, 80% of the premium is given by the state government and they are also paying them in cheques to ensure no one dupes them”.
Earlier Banerjee’s dharna site is the same venue where she held a 26 day hunger strike in 2006 demanding return of farmland to peasants at Singur, where the Tata Motors' Nano car plant was to come up. Moreover the Singur movement catapulted her to power in 2011 defeating the Left Front government.
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal