Kolkata sources stated doing what she is best at, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday escalated her protest against the Centre and the CBI by vowing to continue her “Satyagraha” to save the country and the Constitution till February 8 amid a tsunami of support from Opposition parties. Meanwhile fueling her prime ministerial ambition, Ms Banerjee tactically pitched herself to the forefront of a united Opposition, whose leaders tore into the Central government on the floor of Parliament and outside.
Furthermore Ms Banerjee continued her dharna at Metro Cinema in Esplanade, central Kolkata, the Trinamool claimed it has the support of almost all Opposition parties, an indication that the West Bengal Chief Minister is aiming at nothing less than the Prime Minister’s chair with a virtual replay of her January 19 Kolkata rally. Ms Banerjee told reporters at the protest site “This is a Satyagraha and she will continue (it) till the country is saved, the constitution is saved”.
Moreover in the Lok Sabha, Union home minister Rajnath Singh called the developments in West Bengal “unfortunate and unprecedented” and indicative of a constitutional breakdown. Mr. Singh told the Lok Sabha “There may be breakdown of Constitution in West Bengal and under the Constitution, the Central government has been vested with the power to maintain normalcy in any part of the country”.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights