New Delhi sources stated that an alliance of regional parties is working on a combined economic plan, one of its leaders said, in the latest sign that Prime Minister Narendra Modi faces an increasingly united opposition in the upcoming general elections. Reportedly that plan is likely to include a landmark policy floated by the Congress to provide the poor with a minimum income if it wins the polls due by May, N Chandrababu Naidu, who helped forge the common front.
Meanwhile the alliance consisting of 23 parties that came together in a giant rally in Kolkata last month would focus on poverty eradication, agriculture, employment and a "minimum income for every family". Naidu said so many political parties are working (on a) consensus. The farmers' crisis is the biggest issue, unemployment is the biggest issue and the economy (is where) you have to concentrate".
Reportedly there are questions over who could lead the opposition alliance, or whether regional parties would be open to supporting Congress chief Rahul Gandhi should his party emerge with a significant number of seats. Mr. Naidu said "A prime minister will be decided afterwards with consensus," Mr. Naidu said, ruling out selecting a figurehead before the polls. "First of all we have to win the elections." Moreover his Telugu Desam Party was part of a coalition led by PM Modi's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till last March, when he broke away after disagreements over funding for Andhra Pradesh.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP