New Delhi sources stated that an alliance of regional parties is working on a combined economic plan, one of its leaders said, in the latest sign that Prime Minister Narendra Modi faces an increasingly united opposition in the upcoming general elections. Reportedly that plan is likely to include a landmark policy floated by the Congress to provide the poor with a minimum income if it wins the polls due by May, N Chandrababu Naidu, who helped forge the common front.
Meanwhile the alliance consisting of 23 parties that came together in a giant rally in Kolkata last month would focus on poverty eradication, agriculture, employment and a "minimum income for every family". Naidu said so many political parties are working (on a) consensus. The farmers' crisis is the biggest issue, unemployment is the biggest issue and the economy (is where) you have to concentrate".
Reportedly there are questions over who could lead the opposition alliance, or whether regional parties would be open to supporting Congress chief Rahul Gandhi should his party emerge with a significant number of seats. Mr. Naidu said "A prime minister will be decided afterwards with consensus," Mr. Naidu said, ruling out selecting a figurehead before the polls. "First of all we have to win the elections." Moreover his Telugu Desam Party was part of a coalition led by PM Modi's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till last March, when he broke away after disagreements over funding for Andhra Pradesh.
India receives support from Israel! Israel has lent a supporting shoulder to India to destroy terrorism, without any conditions. Last week there was a major attack in Pulwama killing more than 40 CRPF soldiers and following that there was retaliation act two days back when Indian army soldiers shot dead the mastermind of Pulwama attack and three soldiers also lost their lives.
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures