Sources from Vatican City reported that Pope Francis's public admission that priests have used nuns as "sexual slaves" and may still be doing so marks a new chapter in the abuse crisis rocking the Catholic Church. Lucetta Scaraffia, editor of the Vatican's women's magazine, told "It is the first time that the pope, but also the church as an institution, has publicly admitted this abuse is taking place, and that's hugely important".
Meanwhile the pontiff on Tuesday said Catholic priests and bishops had been sexually abusing nuns, and that his predecessor Benedict XVI had dissolved a religious order of women because of "sexual slavery on the part of priests and the founder". He said the Church has "suspended several clerics" and the Vatican has been "working (on the issue) for a long time". Accordingly the abuse was "still going on, because it's not something that just goes away like that”.
Scaraffia said “The nuns’ scandal broke as the Catholic Church has had to contend with a wave of cases involving paedophile priests in countries worldwide from Ireland and the United States to Australia. Francis's admission of the problem was "the umpteenth blow to the church's image, but also an occasion to show that change really is underway".
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal