New Delhi sources stated that popular messaging app WhatsApp said Wednesday that there are instances of the platform being abused by political parties and it has been engaging with them to emphasize that the misuse will lead to banning of such accounts. WhatsApp Head of Communications Carl Woog told reporters told "We have seen a number of parties attempt to use WhatsApp in a way that was not intended and our firm message to them is using it in that way will result in bans of our service”.
Meanwhile he said "We are trying to be very clear going into elections that there is abuse of WhatsApp and we are very working very hard to identify and prevent it as soon as possible”. Furthermore with general elections slated to be held in the coming months, the government had warned social media platforms of strong action if any attempt was made to influence the country's electoral process through undesirable means.
Apparently WhatsApp, expressed concern on proposed amendment in Indian intermediary rules targeted at social media platforms. Woog said the company is creating space for private conversations online and proposed rules, if implemented, will require WhatsApp to re-architect the app leading to a different product "one that will not be fundamentally private”.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP