Chennai sources stated that news emerged that Engineering and MBA graduates and postgraduates from Tamilnadu are in the race to bag the work of sweepers and sanitary workers in the Tamilnadu Assembly Secretariat. Meanwhile a 45 year high according to the National Sample Survey Office's (NSSO) periodic labor force survey (PLFS) states this comes just a few days after India learned that the country's unemployment rate stands at 6.1% in 2017-18).
Reportedly many Diploma holders, too, are fighting it out for the posts of sweeper (10 vacancies) and sanitary worker (four vacancies) in Tamilnadu. Earlier on September 26, 2018, the Assembly Secretariat sought applications for the posts and the only qualification was that the aspiring candidates should be able-bodied. Hence the minimum age limit was 19 years while the maximum age differs.
Recently the Tamilnadu Assembly Secretariat has received a total of 4,607 applications, including from the Employment Exchange, where these jobs provide a salary between Rs 15,700 and Rs. 50,000 per month. Moreover when TNM had reached out to experts who coach aspirants for the TNPSC and UPSC exams, they observed that this trend was understandable and stemmed from the need for job security.
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal