Chennai sources stated that news emerged that Engineering and MBA graduates and postgraduates from Tamilnadu are in the race to bag the work of sweepers and sanitary workers in the Tamilnadu Assembly Secretariat. Meanwhile a 45 year high according to the National Sample Survey Office's (NSSO) periodic labor force survey (PLFS) states this comes just a few days after India learned that the country's unemployment rate stands at 6.1% in 2017-18).
Reportedly many Diploma holders, too, are fighting it out for the posts of sweeper (10 vacancies) and sanitary worker (four vacancies) in Tamilnadu. Earlier on September 26, 2018, the Assembly Secretariat sought applications for the posts and the only qualification was that the aspiring candidates should be able-bodied. Hence the minimum age limit was 19 years while the maximum age differs.
Recently the Tamilnadu Assembly Secretariat has received a total of 4,607 applications, including from the Employment Exchange, where these jobs provide a salary between Rs 15,700 and Rs. 50,000 per month. Moreover when TNM had reached out to experts who coach aspirants for the TNPSC and UPSC exams, they observed that this trend was understandable and stemmed from the need for job security.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights