Reportedly the Travancore Devaswom Board, an autonomous body, which manages 1248 temples including the hill shrine of Sabarimala, has come out in support of women entry into the temple, in a departure from its initial position. Meanwhile on Wednesday, advocate Rakesh Dwivedi appearing for TDB said that the board was in favor of the September 2018 verdict by the Supreme Court and an application has been filed to that effect.
He told "Women cannot be excluded from any walk of life on biological attributes, equality is the dominant theme of the Constitution”, where a 5 judge Constitutional bench of the apex court which comprised of Justices Indu Malhotra, RF Nariman, AN Khanwilkar, DY Chandrachud apart from CJI Ranjan Gogoi. Accordingly Rakesh also argued that Article 25(1) of the Constitution equally entitles all persons to practice religion, where his explanation was preceded by a specific inquiry by Justice Indu Malhotra on TDB’s change in stance.
Moreover the petition was filed when the Congress led UDF was in power in Kerala and after the LDF government came into power, the TDB changed its stance, as did the government and the Constitution bench reserved its verdict on 65 petitions asking for a review of the September 28 verdict allowing women of ages into the temple.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP