Reportedly the Travancore Devaswom Board, an autonomous body, which manages 1248 temples including the hill shrine of Sabarimala, has come out in support of women entry into the temple, in a departure from its initial position. Meanwhile on Wednesday, advocate Rakesh Dwivedi appearing for TDB said that the board was in favor of the September 2018 verdict by the Supreme Court and an application has been filed to that effect.
He told "Women cannot be excluded from any walk of life on biological attributes, equality is the dominant theme of the Constitution”, where a 5 judge Constitutional bench of the apex court which comprised of Justices Indu Malhotra, RF Nariman, AN Khanwilkar, DY Chandrachud apart from CJI Ranjan Gogoi. Accordingly Rakesh also argued that Article 25(1) of the Constitution equally entitles all persons to practice religion, where his explanation was preceded by a specific inquiry by Justice Indu Malhotra on TDB’s change in stance.
Moreover the petition was filed when the Congress led UDF was in power in Kerala and after the LDF government came into power, the TDB changed its stance, as did the government and the Constitution bench reserved its verdict on 65 petitions asking for a review of the September 28 verdict allowing women of ages into the temple.
What's the problem for DMDK? Captain Vijayakanth's DMDK is yet to form an alliance with any party, and even after yesterday Piyush Goyal the finance minister arrived at Chennai to meet and discuss regarding an alliance with Vijayakanth, the decision did not arrive even after a day. It was expected that BJP will form a complete alliance and make announcements all in one day, but only ADMK - PMK alliance was announced.
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies