Mumbai sources reported that the Reserve Bank of India Thursday cut benchmark lending rate by 0.25% to 6.25% on expectation of inflation staying within its target range, a move that may make home and other loans cheaper. Meanwhile the RBI, under its new Governor Shakthikanta Das changed the monetary policy stance to 'neutral' from the earlier 'calibrated tightening', signaling further softening of rates if inflation remain benign.
Furthermore with Deputy Governor Viral Acharya and another member Chetan Ghate voting for a status quo, Das and three others outvoted them for reduction in repo rate to 6.25% from the existing 6.50%. Reportedly reverse repo was reduced to 6% from 6.25%. Apparently repo rate is the rate at which commercial banks borrow money from the RBI; while reverse repo rate is the rate at which RBI collects money from banks.
Moreover the RBI cut its estimates on headline inflation which cooled off to an 18 month low of 2.2% in December for the next year, and expects the number to come at 2.8% in March quarter, 3.2-3.4% in first half of next fiscal and 3.9% in third quarter of FY20. Hence the RBI proposed relaxations on foreign borrowings by companies undergoing insolvency resolutions to pay off the local lenders, with their ratings rather than a blanket 100 per cent earlier and also harmonize categories of NBFCs.
What's the problem for DMDK? Captain Vijayakanth's DMDK is yet to form an alliance with any party, and even after yesterday Piyush Goyal the finance minister arrived at Chennai to meet and discuss regarding an alliance with Vijayakanth, the decision did not arrive even after a day. It was expected that BJP will form a complete alliance and make announcements all in one day, but only ADMK - PMK alliance was announced.
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies