Chennai sources stated that with the Lok Sabha elections scheduled this year, the State budget is likely to spell out sops for farmers and it is expected that it may have some surprise element in store for the middle class and rural masses. Meanwhile Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam, who holds the Finance portfolio, will be presenting the budget for 2019-20 on Friday at 10 am, the first for this year and it would be the 8th time he will be presenting a Budget in the Assembly.
Furthermore following the presentation of the budget, the Business Advisory Committee would meet to decide the duration of this session. Apparently contending that he can only give a hint on how the budget has taken shape, Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar said the budget will look after all segments including farmers, fishermen, traders and even the underprivileged. ‘’He can give only an outline of the budget and can’t go into the details. It will reflect the pulse of the people”.
Moreover the government is likely to announce annual income support of Rs 6,000 to all farmer families besides employment opportunities for youth and for the middle class and also unveil measures to alleviate rural stress, on par with the interim budget presented on February 1 in the Parliament and the DMK and other opposition parties had boycotted the Governor’s address.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP