Hyderabad sources reported that Fed up with the battery draining out every night, IIIT-Hyderabad student Sunil Kumar Maddikatla has designed a ‘zero power intelligent system’ (ZPIS) a one mm chip which will keep the phone charged up to six days. Accordingly the energy harvester component of ZPIS uses energy from body temperature, light and Wi-Fi signals, transforms it to electrical energy and stores it in a capacitor.
Meanwhile it is a hybrid model wherein the phone is charged using external sources and the ZPIS provides power while on the move. Further when explaining its functioning, Mr Maddikatla said the phone is idle 70% of the time. He said “During this state, as long as the Wi-Fi or light is on, the ZPIS will convert the energy to electricity and store it. “Efficiency levels vary between different sources”.
Moreover Mr. Maddikatla, originally from Kurnool, runs the research and development start-up BlueSemi in VLSI domain, which works out of T-Hub. As per report this chip would add to the cost of mobile device by Rs 100 to Rs 140 and the device can also be used for Bluetooth and wearable devices. Reportedly he is yet to complete his MTech thesis at the IIIT.
What's the problem for DMDK? Captain Vijayakanth's DMDK is yet to form an alliance with any party, and even after yesterday Piyush Goyal the finance minister arrived at Chennai to meet and discuss regarding an alliance with Vijayakanth, the decision did not arrive even after a day. It was expected that BJP will form a complete alliance and make announcements all in one day, but only ADMK - PMK alliance was announced.
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies