According to sources the Supreme Court asked the Election Commission (EC) to consider allotting a common symbol pressure cooker to the TTV Dinakaran led AMMK for contesting the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, and by-elections to 20 assembly constituencies in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile a bench of Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice Ajay Rastogi in their judgment also asked the Delhi High Court to dispose of the appeal filed by the AMMK against the EC decision to allot the two leaves symbol to the AIADMK led by Tamilnadu Chief Minister E. Palaniswami in four weeks.
Reportedly the court said, the appeal against the EC order could not be disposed off by the High Court in four weeks, the EC should pass an order allotting a common symbol to Dinakaran's AMMK. Furthermore the top court's direction came on an appeal by Palaniswami challenging the March 2016 interim order of the Delhi High Court asking the EC to allot a common symbol to Dinakaran's group.
Meanwhile disposing off the appeal by Palaniswami, the top court virtually upheld the High Court's interim order and asked the EC to decide the allotment of a common symbol as per the High Court's order. Moreover TTV Dhinakaran said, “The order is good and clear. They (the court) are also clear that a case should not be pending the High Courts or the Supreme Court and they have given instructions to the High Court in the operative portions. There is no setback in this.”
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights