According to sources the Supreme Court asked the Election Commission (EC) to consider allotting a common symbol pressure cooker to the TTV Dinakaran led AMMK for contesting the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, and by-elections to 20 assembly constituencies in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile a bench of Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice Ajay Rastogi in their judgment also asked the Delhi High Court to dispose of the appeal filed by the AMMK against the EC decision to allot the two leaves symbol to the AIADMK led by Tamilnadu Chief Minister E. Palaniswami in four weeks.
Reportedly the court said, the appeal against the EC order could not be disposed off by the High Court in four weeks, the EC should pass an order allotting a common symbol to Dinakaran's AMMK. Furthermore the top court's direction came on an appeal by Palaniswami challenging the March 2016 interim order of the Delhi High Court asking the EC to allot a common symbol to Dinakaran's group.
Meanwhile disposing off the appeal by Palaniswami, the top court virtually upheld the High Court's interim order and asked the EC to decide the allotment of a common symbol as per the High Court's order. Moreover TTV Dhinakaran said, “The order is good and clear. They (the court) are also clear that a case should not be pending the High Courts or the Supreme Court and they have given instructions to the High Court in the operative portions. There is no setback in this.”
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal