According to sources actor cum politician Kamal Hassan said his Makkal Needhi Maiam would contest all the 39 seats in Tamilnadu on its own in the coming Lok Sabha polls, indicating a shift in its policy to forge alliances. The 64 year old Hassan told "we are trying to serve good for the people with clean hands. We are trying to keep our hands clean by not allying with any of the Dravidian parties".
Meanwhile when asked whether his party would contest all the 39 Lok Sabha seats in Tamilnadu and one in neighboring Puducherry, he said, "yes, we have taken such a decision". Furthermore to a query on his two day meeting with the district assembly constituency and area in-charges in Pollachi near Coimbatore, he said discussions centred on the areas that need to be focused ahead of the polls.
As per report the ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu said its move to forge alliances for Lok Sabha polls was a reciprocation of the 'respect' shown by other parties towards it. Moreover the AIADMK continued to enjoy the same level of clout among the people as it had under the leadership of late chief minister Jayalalitha, senior party leader and Minister D Jayakumar told reporters here. Further he was responding to a question on the party's intention to form an alliance this time though it had faced the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on its own.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP