According to sources in a surprise twist to the politics in Karnataka that could have repercussion nationally, Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, hours before presenting the budget, called for a press conference and released an audio clip of a conversation between the state's BJP chief B.S. Yeddyurrappa and JDS MLA Naganagowda Kandkur's son Sharana where the BJP made an offer of Rs. 25 lakh and offered ministerial berth to the MLA's father.
When speaking to reporters at a press conference, Kumaraswamy said that the calls mention "the name of Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and other heads of institutions." Furthermore explaining about the BJP's modus operandi, he said that the Saffron Party does not contact the MLAs directly but gets in touch with a close aide who can or is in a position to influence the MLA.
Moreover, JD(S) Chief H.D. Deve Gowda tweeted "Our promise: FarmersLoanWaiver and the status is ongoing. Meanwhile Modi's promise is Ram Mandir, Clean Ganga, Interlinking of rivers, 15 Lakh into bank accounts. Further the only 'Ongoing' status in BJP is 'Operation Lotus''attempt in Karnataka," targeting the BJP's poaching game. With such tapes making their way into the media, looks like there's more in store for the BJP in South.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli