Accordingly with the Sabarimala temple set to reopen for the month of Kumbham on Tuesday, the Pathanamthitta district police have decided to impose restrictions to ensure safety of devotees. Meanwhile when issuing a press release, Pathanamthitta district police chief T Narayanan, said devotees and media persons will be allowed to trek up to the Sannidhanam from Nilakkal every day after 10 am and the restrictions will be in place from Nilakkal to Sannidhanam.
Furthermore the Pathanamthitta police have also asked the public and the devotees to cooperate with them to ensure a peaceful atmosphere near the hill shrine and the temple will be open from February 12 to February 17 for the pooja held every month. Reportedly following the review petition hearings in the Supreme Court against the September 28 verdict allowing women of all ages to enter Sabarimala, the Kerala government has said that the plea by the Travancore Devaswom Board, which manages Sabarimala, asking for an extension of time from the apex court to implement the verdict, holds no relevance.
Moreover Devaswom Minister Kadakkampally Surendran said that the plea was filed during the two month long Mandala Makaravilaku season during which time the temple did not have enough facilities to accommodate women. He said since the season is now over, the plea by the TDB was no longer relevant.
DMK Congress deal soon! It has been said that the deal between Congress and DMK will be reached sooner. It was earlier decided that ADMK, BJP and PMK are forming an alliance and while BJP - ADMK deal was signed last week, yesterday PMK and ADMK signed the deal officially. However the deal between DMK and Congress is yet to be signed.
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal