Chennai sources stated that female nurses from Nilgiris and Thiruvallur districts have approached the Madras high court to quash an order issued by the Health and Family Welfare department in so far as it changes uniform for female nurses served below 10 years is concerned and consequently direct the authorities to give option to them to wear half sleeve Chudidhar top and white bottom as a uniform.
Meanwhile Justice R.Mahadevan before whom the petition filed by D.C.Indira from Nilgiris District and Shahila Begam from Thiruvallur district came up for hearing, ordered notice to the state government and the Committee for Change of Uniform. Reportedly Saseetharan said the government had divided four categories of female nurses based on their years of service. Apparently the nurses who put in below 10 years service in majority, studied from private medication institutions and appointed only from the year 2015.
Reports added the government cannot prescribe dress code only on the basis of service rendered. Moreover under the first category of nurses i.e., service up to 10 years, all age group nurses were working. He added it was unreasonable to expect that the two female nurses aged 54 and 39 respectively, to wear white shirt and pant as uniform in the place of pinafore by way of change.
What's the problem for DMDK? Captain Vijayakanth's DMDK is yet to form an alliance with any party, and even after yesterday Piyush Goyal the finance minister arrived at Chennai to meet and discuss regarding an alliance with Vijayakanth, the decision did not arrive even after a day. It was expected that BJP will form a complete alliance and make announcements all in one day, but only ADMK - PMK alliance was announced.
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies