Chennai sources stated that female nurses from Nilgiris and Thiruvallur districts have approached the Madras high court to quash an order issued by the Health and Family Welfare department in so far as it changes uniform for female nurses served below 10 years is concerned and consequently direct the authorities to give option to them to wear half sleeve Chudidhar top and white bottom as a uniform.
Meanwhile Justice R.Mahadevan before whom the petition filed by D.C.Indira from Nilgiris District and Shahila Begam from Thiruvallur district came up for hearing, ordered notice to the state government and the Committee for Change of Uniform. Reportedly Saseetharan said the government had divided four categories of female nurses based on their years of service. Apparently the nurses who put in below 10 years service in majority, studied from private medication institutions and appointed only from the year 2015.
Reports added the government cannot prescribe dress code only on the basis of service rendered. Moreover under the first category of nurses i.e., service up to 10 years, all age group nurses were working. He added it was unreasonable to expect that the two female nurses aged 54 and 39 respectively, to wear white shirt and pant as uniform in the place of pinafore by way of change.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra