Los Angeles sources stated that Former US President Jimmy Carter won his second Grammy Award for spoken word album for his biography "Faith A Journey For All". Earlier in 2016, Carter, the 39th president of the United States, won his first Grammy award for another one of his works, "A Full Life: Reflections at 90". Meanwhile the spoken word category includes poetry, audio books, and storytelling.
Furthermore other nominees in the category were Courtney B. Vance for "Accessory to War," David Sedaris for "Calypso," Questlove for "Creative Quest," and Tiffany Haddish for "The Last Black Unicorn." Last year's winner was Carrie Fisher for her final book "The Princess Diarist". Reportedly Carter is not the only US President to win a Grammy. In the past, Bill Clinton received two Grammys, one for spoken word album 2005 for "My Life", and another for spoken word children's album for "Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf/Beintus: Wolf Tracks” with Mikhail Gorbachev and Sophia Loren. Former President Barack Obama also won spoken word album in 2008 for "The Audacity of Hope".
Moreover Carter has also become the third oldest winner in Grammy history. Further he follows comedian George Burns, who won a spoken word Grammy in 1991 at the age of 95, and blues musician Pinetop Perkins, who won the traditional blues album Grammy in 2011 at age 97.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries