According to sources Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani topped the Hurun India Philanthropy List 2018, released on Saturday, with the highest contribution of Rs 437 crore between October 2017 and September 2018. Reportedly Ambani was followed by Piramal Group Chairman Ajay Piramal who made Rs 200 crore donations during the period.
Meanwhile the list, compiled by the Hurun Research Institute, ranks individuals from India who donated Rs 10 crore and above between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018. Furthermore the total Indian philanthropy amount in the list stands at Rs 1,560 crore and the list included 39 Indians with the average contribution per philanthropist being Rs 40 crore. Further it showed that education was the most preferred cause for donations, followed by healthcare and rural development.
Moreover Ambani's corporate social responsibility (CSR) expenditure is channelized through Reliance Foundation. Accordingly Ambani's philanthropic interests include sectors like education, social, rural development and healthcare. Apparently the list also included Azim Premji and family who donated Rs 113 crore, Adi Godrej and family (Rs 96 crore), LuLu Group’s Yusuff Ali (Rs 70 crore), HCL’s Shiv Nadar (Rs 56 crore), Savji Dholakia from Hari Krishna Exports (Rs 40 crore), Shapoor Pallonji Mistry (Rs 36 crore) and Cyrus Pallonji Mistry (Rs 36 crore) from Shapoorji Pallonji and Adani Enterprises’ Gautam Adani (Rs 30 crore).
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu