Kerala Chief Minister Pinnarayi Vijayan assured doyens of the Malayalam film industry that his cabinet will take up the issue of reducing the 10 per cent entertainment tax, slapped in the recent budget presented by Finance Minister Thomas Issac last month. Meanwhile Mammootty and Mohanlal as well as several leading names from Malayalam filmdom called on Vijayan and told him that the tax hike would be detrimental to the industry.
Reportedly Issac had allowed the local bodies to collect 10% entertainment tax on cinema tickets, causing distress to the film industry. They said it would increase prices of movie tickets and furthermore with 10% fresh tax, the minimum price of ticket in a single screen theater would be Rs 125 and in multiplexes start at Rs 165. Reportedly Vijayan wrote on his Facebook page that Mammootty, Mohanlal and others briefed him on implications of the hiked tax.
Moreover the chief minister said he assured them on taking up the issue and that he would see that interests of the film industry were protected. Further several film bodies such as FEFKA (Film Employees Federation of Kerala) said that this would affect the industry as the footfall in theaters would automatically increase with ticket prices soaring. Apparently he also added that smaller screens, independent directors and small budget films will be affected the worst.
Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case Reportedly in the sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case that is unfolding in Kerala, investigating authorities have said that they have made a few crucial findings over the past few days. Meanwhile Kozhikode rural Superintendent of Police KG Simon confirmed that 47 year old Jolly had read extensively about cyanide and how it is used before allegedly poisoning the six members of her family.
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli
- Indo-US joint military training in Seattle from 13 Oct