Kerala Chief Minister Pinnarayi Vijayan assured doyens of the Malayalam film industry that his cabinet will take up the issue of reducing the 10 per cent entertainment tax, slapped in the recent budget presented by Finance Minister Thomas Issac last month. Meanwhile Mammootty and Mohanlal as well as several leading names from Malayalam filmdom called on Vijayan and told him that the tax hike would be detrimental to the industry.
Reportedly Issac had allowed the local bodies to collect 10% entertainment tax on cinema tickets, causing distress to the film industry. They said it would increase prices of movie tickets and furthermore with 10% fresh tax, the minimum price of ticket in a single screen theater would be Rs 125 and in multiplexes start at Rs 165. Reportedly Vijayan wrote on his Facebook page that Mammootty, Mohanlal and others briefed him on implications of the hiked tax.
Moreover the chief minister said he assured them on taking up the issue and that he would see that interests of the film industry were protected. Further several film bodies such as FEFKA (Film Employees Federation of Kerala) said that this would affect the industry as the footfall in theaters would automatically increase with ticket prices soaring. Apparently he also added that smaller screens, independent directors and small budget films will be affected the worst.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?