Accordingly the discussion was about the recently released audio clip by Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy which allegedly captures BJP Karnataka chief BS Yeddyurappa offering a bribe to Sharan Gouda, a JD(S) MLA’s son in an attempt to dislodge the Congress-JD(S) coalition in power in the state.
Meanwhile this comes just three days after Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy made the explosive reveal in a press conference. Speaking in the House, Congress legislature party leader in the Lok Sabha and Gulbarga MP Mallikarjun Kharge, read out the contents of the tape amidst huge ruckus from the ruling MPs. Kharge said “In my constituency, BJP State President Yeddyurappa has spoken to the son of the MLA from Gurmitkal, and offered him money and ministerial positions”.
Previously in the day too, Congress MPs had protested in front of the Gandhi statue inside the Parliament complex in Delhi against BJP’s alleged involvement in ‘Operation Kamala’ in Karnataka. The demonstration was led by Kharge along with AICC Secretary Karnataka-in-charge KC Venugopal. Moreover some of the placards carried by the MPs read “Say no to political horse trading?”, “Operation Kamala— Death of Constitution” and “White money or black money?”.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries