Reportedly online food ordering and delivery major Zomato announced on Monday that it will be converting 40% of its delivery fleet into bicycles and e-bicycles in the next two years. Meanwhile in a statement, the company said it had started introducing both types of bicycles as part of its fleet, and is aiming to scale this to “not only significantly push the fleet towards electric mobility and cut the environmental damage, but also increase employment opportunities for those who own bicycles.”
Furthermore Zomato has 1.5 lakh delivery partners on its roster, and sees an addition of 150 delivery partners each day, which translates to them covering an average of 4.4 million kilometers a day. Further as per the company’s statement, this is why it aims “to build a future that creates more tangible value and leaves less carbon footprint.” Presently mechanical bicycles are owned by the delivery partners themselves, but for e-bicycles, the company has tied up with Mobycy, e-HIRAN, TNT, Yulu and Zoomcar’s PEDL.
Moreover the company says that it already has 5000 cyclists on its rolls, which operate in 12 cities, but largely in Delhi NCR, where these cyclists would be assigned deliveries within a 2.5 km radius. Accordingly the food major said that it would ensure that their bicycle delivery partners are given ergonomic delivery bags.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings