Accordingly the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have announced that restaurants will no longer be able to reuse cooking oil multiple times. Meanwhile the new restriction, which will go into effect from March 3, will prohibit reusing cooking oil more than 3 times by a restaurant or eatery.
Furthermore noting that ‘repeated frying of oil leads to changes in physio chemical, nutritional, and sensory properties of edible oil,’ the FSSAI has sought to regulate the quality of oil that food operators use on a daily basis. Reports added it is vital to understand that oil becomes too acidic when reused multiple times, and after a certain point, the oil becomes unsafe for consumption. When oil is repeatedly used, the compounds that are formed are called Total Polar Compounds (TPCs), and a high rate of TPCs can have a negative effect on a person's health.
Moreover as part of the new regulations, food operators will be required to maintain a chart to track and monitor the type of oil and quantity taken for frying each day and the amount that is discarded at the end of the day as well. Reportedly the FSSAI has entrusted the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with making sure that restaurants and eateries comply with these new rules before March 3.
DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case Reportedly former Karnataka Minister and Congress troubleshooter DK Shivakumar was granted bail by the Delhi High Court on Wednesday, in connection to a money laundering case against him and hence he has to furnish a bond of Rs 25 lakh and cannot leave the country without the trial court’s permission.
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River