Reportedly Murali is a well-known face in the pharma industry and is awarded several times for his immense contribution to the pharma and medicine world. Meanwhile, the 63-year-old sits at the helm of a Rs 2,597 crore pharmaceutical contract manufacturing company, an investor favorite because of its industry-beating margins. Furthermore, in the last one year, the stock price of his company, Divis Laboratories, has risen by 75% and ended its June quarter this year with a 38% operating margin in an industry that averages over 20%.
Moreover, as a company that supplies the active ingredients of drugs to big pharmaceutical manufacturers, Divis Laboratories will only benefit from the expanding demand for medicines in developed and developing countries. Murali Divi says “People are living longer. As they live longer, they need to use more lifestyle management medicines. If you have arthritis and, instead of 80, you are living till 90 or 100, you need to use anti-arthritis or anti-inflammatory drugs for another 10-20 years”. (Divis Labs is the world’s largest manufacturer of Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory that is a part of medicines used to treat osteoarthritis.)
Apparently one of the reasons why the company is on such solid ground today is because it deliberately chose a different business model at a time when most of the Indian pharmaceutical industry was seeking its fortune in challenging patents and selling generics in regulated markets. Also, he rues the excess use of chemicals by farmers today, and the heavy pollution that is seeping into agro-ecological systems. Hence this seems to have influenced the way he runs his company, which adheres to green manufacturing technology and waste treatment practices.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time