Reportedly Murali is a well-known face in the pharma industry and is awarded several times for his immense contribution to the pharma and medicine world. Meanwhile, the 63-year-old sits at the helm of a Rs 2,597 crore pharmaceutical contract manufacturing company, an investor favorite because of its industry-beating margins. Furthermore, in the last one year, the stock price of his company, Divis Laboratories, has risen by 75% and ended its June quarter this year with a 38% operating margin in an industry that averages over 20%.
Moreover, as a company that supplies the active ingredients of drugs to big pharmaceutical manufacturers, Divis Laboratories will only benefit from the expanding demand for medicines in developed and developing countries. Murali Divi says “People are living longer. As they live longer, they need to use more lifestyle management medicines. If you have arthritis and, instead of 80, you are living till 90 or 100, you need to use anti-arthritis or anti-inflammatory drugs for another 10-20 years”. (Divis Labs is the world’s largest manufacturer of Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory that is a part of medicines used to treat osteoarthritis.)
Apparently one of the reasons why the company is on such solid ground today is because it deliberately chose a different business model at a time when most of the Indian pharmaceutical industry was seeking its fortune in challenging patents and selling generics in regulated markets. Also, he rues the excess use of chemicals by farmers today, and the heavy pollution that is seeping into agro-ecological systems. Hence this seems to have influenced the way he runs his company, which adheres to green manufacturing technology and waste treatment practices.
TRAI could come out with a separate consultation paper on video OTTs Accordingly Telecom regulator Trai on Monday said the scope of its consultation process on over the top applications (OTTs) is limited to examine if there are any regulatory imbalances between telecom service providers (TSPs) and OTT players and will see if it can come out with a regulation or recommendation or order on the issue in the next one month.
- Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls?
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan
- TDP Minister Himself Does Not Believe Lagadapati Survey
- Did Sonia Gandhi invited leaders of United Progressive Alliance in Delhi?